Namaste, In this article, you will be learning in much detail about Saturn in the 2nd House as per Vedic Astrology. In the last article, we learned about Saturn in the First House & how it will affect once appearance, character, health, life, etc.
So by the end of the article, you will be learning about:-
- The significance of the 2nd house in Vedic Astrology.
- The results of Saturn when it dominates the 2nd house & influences the 4th,8th & 11th house with real Horoscope Case Studies.
- Views from the Handpicked Classical Texts such as Brihat Hora Shastra(Brihat Jataka), Saravali, Chamatkar Chintamani, Phaldeepika & Bhrigu Sutram.
- Saturn when placed in the 2nd house for 12 Lagnas(Ascendants).
Also Watch the Video : “Astrological Predictions for West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021“
Always note that the result of Saturn or any other planet when it is placed in a Rashi completely depends on the placement of its depositor planet.
For example, Mesh Lagna & Saturn is the lord 10th & 11th houses are placed in the 2nd house Taurus(Vrishabh Rashi).
Now the result of Saturn completely depends on the placement of its depositor planet Venus. If Venus is exalted then in the Maha Dasha of Venus -Saturn Antar Dasha, the native will have Financial prosperity, Status, Fame, etc.
So without any further ado, let us start our learning in the Saturn series.
- What are the effects of Saturn in the 2nd House as per Vedic Astrology?
- Horoscope Case Studies For Saturn In The 2nd House.
- Horoscope Case Study-2
- Views From The Classical Texts On Saturn In The Second House.
- Phaldeepika on Saturn In The Second House.
ऊँ शनैश्चराय नमः
What are the effects of Saturn in the 2nd House as per Vedic Astrology?
As per Vedic Astrology, the 2nd house rules over the Family, Wealth, Speech(Vaani), Right Eye(Chakshus) & knowledge as said in the Prasna Marga 14th Chapter- Stanza- 4.
The 2nd house is the Wealth where it is stored & the 11th house is the house of gains. 2nd house is the face, facial expressions, Speech, family, Basic education, Knowledge, etc.
Saturn is called as “Mando Alasa” which means Saturn is a very slow-moving & represents laziness as per Brihat Jataka.
But what happens when Saturn occupies the 2nd house? Here I am stating some points that I have found in my research.
Saturn in the 2nd house makes the person speak very less, they are always on the point. As Saturn is a very rough & mature planet, the placement will make the native talk very rough & in a mature way.
The results of the Saturn in the 2nd house completely depends on its placement of the sign, its Sub-Lord, its Nakshatra lord & its placement in Navamsha Rasi.
So what does that mean?
Well let me explain this in a simple way, Saturn is an Airy(Vaata) planet & its placement in Fiery, Airy, Watery & Earth sign results are very different. Now take a look at the 4 signs & its qualities as per Vedic Astrology.
#1) Fiery Signs- Aries (Mesh Rashi), Leo(Simha Rashi), Sagittarius(Dhanu Rashi) are the Fiery signs.
#2) Airy Signs- Gemini(Mithun Rashi), Libra(Tula Rashi), Aquarius(Kumbh Rashi) are the Airy signs.
#3) Watery Signs- Cancer(Kark Rashi), Scorpio(Vrischik Rashi), Pisces(Meen Rashi) & the Last half of Capricorn(Makar Rashi) are the watery signs.
#4) Earthy Signs- Taurus(Vrishabh Rashi), Virgo(Kanya Rashi), Capricorn(Makar Rashi) are Earthy signs.
So now we learned about the 4 types of zodiac signs. Now let’s learn some real facts of Saturn when placed in the 2nd house.
- Saturn when placed in 2nd house in a Fiery sign, makes the speech extremely rough & dry. Saturn as the Airy planet, placed in Airy sign is considered to bring auspicious results. Saturn in Earthy signs acts neutral & gives negative results when placed in the watery sign.
- But Saturn, when placed in Meen Rashi(Pisces), does not harm the native unless Saturn is being aspected by malefic planets or debilitated in Navamsha Chart(D9) chart.
- If the same Saturn is being aspected by Mars, then such natives don’t believe in peaceful talks, talks bitter & their words will hurt many.
- If the same Saturn is being aspected by Jupiter, then those natives speak very less & will be always polite.
- If Mercury aspect Saturn in the 2nd house, then it can make the native very clever & cunning while talking.
- If Venus aspects Saturn in the 2nd house then the native’s speech will be very polished.
- If Sun aspects Saturn in the 2nd house, then the native’s speech will land into many troubles, with no respect in the family, etc.
- If Moon aspects Saturn in the 2nd house, then the combination will make the natives speak more about Sadness, Loneliness, Fear, Depression, Failures, etc.
- If the Saturn is aspected by Rahu, then the combination will make the native a Liar.
How Good Is Saturn In The 2nd House?
As per Vedic Astrology, Saturn is the Karma Karaka planet who judges our karmic actions & acts according to it. Saturn acts as a true Judge in a horoscope.
Whichever house Saturn is placed, its aspects & conjunction with planets will decide the pending Karmic duties to be cleared in the present birth.
Now in this case when Saturn is placed in the 2nd house, it directly aspects the 8th, 4th & 11th houses. So this means the native will have to go through all the karmas related to these houses in the Maha Dasa, Antar Dashas of Saturn, planets who are directly or indirectly connected to Saturn.
So by the above statement, all my readers should be noted that there is no 100% fixed prediction for any planet in Vedic Astrology. It is up to an Astrologer who can use his past research experiences & intuitions to predict Horoscopes.
Now the prediction part is up to an experienced astrologer who can rightly judge Saturn with its placement in a particular Nakshatra, the sub lord of Saturn who is placed in the 2nd house, the placement of the Saturn in Navamsa chart, etc
Horoscope Case Studies For Saturn In The 2nd House.
Here is some example of the Real Horoscope Case Studies where Saturn is placed in the 2nd house. I will be explaining different kinds of Horoscope where Saturn is in the 2nd house, but all horoscopes had different life experiences.
#Horoscope Case Study-1
This Horoscope is of a native-born in the year 24th Jan 1985. He used to be my regular client from the year 2009 to 2012 period. He was going through the period of Jupiter Maha Dasha – Mars (Subperiod) from 20.12.2008 to 26.11.2009. Jupiter is 3rd & 6th lord is found debilitated in the 4th house with the 11th lord Sun.
Jupiter is the significator of Divine blessings in one’s horoscope & its found extremely weak in the horoscope. Apart from that Jupiter is also in Neecha Vargottama & is with Rahu & Moon in Navamsa Chart.
So this made the native extremely superstitious in the Jupiter Maha Dasha period & he kept spending money on many Astrologers, as well as he performed many expensive Tantric Karma’s.
In Jupiter Mahadasa -Rahu Antar Dasha period(26.11.2009 to 21.04.2012) he still kept on taking appointments with many famous Astrologers & kept spending money on remedies as suggested by them.
If you closely watch the position of Rahu in the 8th house, which is aspected by the debilitated Jupiter from the 4th house. The same conjunctions are aspected by the afflicted Saturn from the 2nd house as explained in the (Fig-1).
Later in the year 21.04.2012, the Maha Dasa of the Saturn started.
Saturn is the Yogakarka planet for Tula Lagna which is placed in the 2nd house. It should be noted that Saturn is seriously afflicted in the 2nd house due to the conjunction of Ketu & its placement in the sign of a bitter enemy planet Mars.
At the beginning of the Saturn Maha Dasha, he was planning to build a new house. He was told by some Astrologer to take the opinion of a Vastu consultant before starting all paper as well as construction works. He followed all the instructions suggested by the Vastu consultant & started the construction.
The Vastu consultant predicted the rise of the native career if the house is constructed as per his Vastu suggestions & the native paid hefty amount as his consultancy charges.
The native found a builder & they mutually made a Legal document & started the construction. But unfortunately, everything turned upside down from the first month itself. The building contractor & his workers didn’t show up & as a result, the construction got halted in the middle.
Saturn is the depositor planet of the 6th lord weak Jupiter & so he had no other option than to ask for Legal help. This incident happened at the beginning of the Saturn Maha Dasa – Saturn Antar Dasha period which was on 21.04.2012 to 25.04.2015.
On Nov 5th, 2014 Saturn’s transit in the sign Scorpio was the most crucial one for the native. Saturn was transiting the 2nd house from the natal Lagna & the 10th house from the moon Lagna as shown in the (Fig-2)
On 25th April 2015, the Subperiod(Anthar Dasha) of 9th lord & 12th lord Mercury started. The 9th lord Mercury is badly afflicted due to the placement in the 3rd house with Gulika & is in Papa Karthari Yoga(Hemmed in between planets) & the Karka for the 9th house Jupiter is also found weak in the horoscope. The 9th house signifies religious activities, beliefs, devotions, spiritual journeys, teachers, long journeys, etc.
But what happens when it’s badly afflicted??
As a result of the 9th house affliction, the native became an Athiest from the Saturn Maha Dasha – Mercury Sub-period & began to spread hate speeches against Vedic sciences & its rituals.
So in this Horoscope Case study -1, we learned how the placement of Saturn in the 2nd house made the native a highly superstitious person into a Hardcore Atheist.
But this does not mean the placement of Saturn in the 2nd house in all horoscopes will make the person an Athiest.
Horoscope Case Study-2
In Horoscope Case Study-2, we will discuss the person who was born on 23rd September 1989. I met this person at a Satsang in the year 2016. The native looked very calm & was very focussed on spirituality.
The native was born in Vrischik Lagna(Scorpio) with Lagna Lord Mars in the 11th house with the exalted 11th lord Mercury, 10th Lord Sun & Gulika.
In this Horoscope, Saturn is in the 2nd house Sagittarius, who is the lord of the 3rd & 4th houses. Jupiter is the depositor planet of the Saturn which is placed in the 8th house with 9th Lord Moon.
The native talks very less but it will be on the point. Just because the depositor planet Jupiter placed in the 8th house of intense knowledge, Research, Occult, etc, he developed great knowledge in spirituality & has experienced many levels in it.
In (Fig-4) it explains the placement of Saturn in the 2nd house & its depositor planet Jupiter is placed in the house of mystic, secrets, occult house(8th house) with the 9th lord Moon.
Apart from that, the depositor planet of Jupiter & Moon is Mercury which is in the state of exaltation in the 11th house. So this will boost the native’s psychic abilities & intuition levels.
The Mahadasha of Saturn which began on 09.09.2004 & will end on 10.09.2023.
Astrologically the 5th & the 9th house is called the Purva Punya Staana which means it says about the merits & demerits of the previous birth.
The 3rd house is connected with the Subconscious mind & the 12th house with Moksha or Salvation.
On 20th July 2011, he met his first Spiritual Guru In the Maha Dasha of Saturn- Venus(Sub-Period) which was from 02.07.2011 – 31.08.2014.
Venus is the 7th & 12th lord from the Lagna which is placed in his own Moolatrikona sign Libra(Tula Rashi). From the moon sign, Venus is again the lord of the 12th & the 5th house which is also the Purva Punya Staana.
Saturn is the lord of the 8th & 9th house(Purva Punya Staana) from the moon sign. The involvement of the 5th house(Mantra Staana) made the native chant lots of mantras as well as Bajans.
Earlier we discussed the importance of the 12th, 5th,8th & 9th houses in spirituality.
The placement of planets in nakshatra(stars) plays a significant role in horoscope analysis. The nakshatra analysis is as below:
- Saturn placed in the 2nd house Sagittarius in the Purva Ashada Nakshatra- 1st Pada which is the nakshatra of 7th & the 12th lord, Venus.
- Venus the 12th lord placed in the Swati Nakshatra– 4th pada which is the nakshatra owned by the mystic planet Rahu who is placed in the 4th house Aquarius(Kumbh Rashi).
- The Depositor planet of Saturn which is the planet Jupiter is placed in the Ardra Nakshatra- 3rd pada. Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by the planet Rahu, who is placed in the 4th house of Saturn(Aquarius) & aspected by the 4th lord Saturn from the 2nd house.
So as the result of the 7th lord Venus, 2nd & 5th lord Jupiter placed in the nakshatra of Rahu, the native got married on 19-08-2018 & on 08.06.2019 a male child was born in the Maha Dasa of Saturn- Rahu (Sub-period).
The Saturn- Rahu started on 22.04.2018 & will end on 26.02.2021.
Saturn in the nakshatra of the 7th & the 12th lord Venus completely changed his fortunate after marriage.
Saturn being the lord of the 4th house which is aspects of its own house gave him the luck to buy a new house in Saturn -Rahu with the support of his inlaws.
So in this horoscope, Saturn in the 2nd house gave the results of 2,3,4,5,7 & 12 houses.
Even though Saturn gave a little bit tough results at the beginning of the Saturn Maha Dasa, but from Saturn- Rahu(sub-period), it blessed the native with family & wealth(2nd house), Marriage(7th & 12th), Childbirth(5th house), house(4th house), etc.
So the Horoscope Case study-2 is a completely different story from the previous one.
Views From The Classical Texts On Saturn In The Second House.
Now let us learn the views from the classical texts about Saturn’s placement in the second house.
Bhrigu Sutram On Saturn In The Second House.
Sage Bhrigu has explained in detail on Saturn in the Second House in the Chapter-7- Sutra- 8 & 9. Those two sutras from the Bhrigu Sutram are stated as below.
In the Sutra 8 & 9, Sage Bhrigu says
“Dhruvaya Bhavah: Daradamvyam” ||8||
“Paapayuthe DhaaraVanchanaa Madadipah”:
- 8th Sutra says the native with Saturn in the second house will always be in need of money & will have two wives(Daradamvyam). This means the native will marry for the 2nd time after the death of the first wife.
- 9th Sutra says if Saturn is placed with a malefic planet in the second house, then the native will cheat his wife (Dara Vanchanaa), will be in charge of a Spiritual Organisation( Madadipah), one will have very less land (AlpaShethravaan) & will have diseases related to eyes ( NetraRogi).
Brihat Jataka On Saturn In The Second House.
Varaha Mihira says the horoscope with Saturn in the Second House will be Rich (Bhoori Dravyo), one who will lose money through Govt or King (Nripa Hritha Dhano) & one who has a diseased face.
Phaldeepika on Saturn In The Second House.
Meaning: Mantreswara says the native with Saturn in the Second House will be very dull in appearance(Vimukha), will be very poor (Adanartha) but will be very sincere. Later the native will leave his native place` (Etharajanapathastham) & acquire huge wealth, conveyances through honest ways(NyaayaBogaartha).
Phaldeepika Chapter-8- Sloka- 24
“Vimukha adhanartha Nyaayavandham Cha Pascha Etharajanapathastham NyaayaBogaartha- Yuktham” ||
Saravali On Saturn In The Second House.
Saravali says one with the Saturn in the Second House will have a diseased face, the native will leave his native place & will become rich & will enjoy all comforts in life.
Chamatkar Chintamani On Saturn In The Second House.
Chamatkar Chintamani says one with the Saturn in the Second House will have a very Harsh Speech & will be wealthy. Later in life, the native will become separated from his family & will move away from his native place.
Book Online Consultations
- Astrological Insights on E.Sreedharan in Kerala Assembly Elections 2021. (In-depth Horoscope Analysis)
- Astrological Predictions for Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections-2021
- Astrological Predictions for West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021
- Astrological Predictions for Kerala Assembly Elections 2021
- Horoscope Case Study Analysis On The Health of Sourav Ganguly: In-Depth Guide (2021-2022)